Rhonda Dee Palmer's BYC'S on a shoestring farm.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rhonda Dee, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Rhonda Dee

Rhonda Dee New Egg

Mar 27, 2017
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    We have 3 new baby Bantam chicks. Our second hen to hatch her own babies. We lost 6 to predictors. 4 to coyotes, 1 to a raccoon. 1 to a fox.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Rhonda Dee, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard but sorry to hear about the predator issues. :rant. They're a constant concern. Here's a link to some articles about dealing with the various birds and beasts that always want a free chicken dinner: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-predators-pests-how-to-protect-treat-your-flock
    And here's a link to the Predator Forum if you want to ask questions or solicit advice: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/13/predators-and-pests
    And if you'd like to chat with some fellow Okie poultry folks, find your state thread in the link below and say howdy: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thank you for joining BYC! :woot

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

4. Rhonda Dee

Rhonda Dee New Egg

Mar 27, 2017
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    Thank you! Been trying to gather information so my chickens have a good ,happy, healthy, home. They are part of my pet family. I had pne brahman rooster died on his perch stretching his leg out. Still womder whet made him die. He had no bites, scabs, or problems that we noticed. He drank, ate, & acted fine. Do you kmow if worms could have killed him? After his death, all the hens in his coop with him have been sneezing every since with no discharge. Do you happen to know any answers to my questions? I would appreciate your thought on these matters. The breed is black & white Brahman's

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Rhonda Dee [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    sorry for your loss, [​IMG]

7. bathound

bathound Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Sorry to hear about your trouble with predators. There's lots of good information here, as well as many helpful people.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by