Rhubarb Pizza ..... Dessert!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by R3Rugrats, Jun 30, 2008.

1. R3Rugrats

R3Rugrats Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    This is a great recipe for those of you that like rhubarb.. I thought I'd post it in time for the fourth of July, its a great dessert to bring.

Rhubarb Pizza (Dessert)

Crust
    1/4 c. sugar
    1 c flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 Tbsp crisco/margarine
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp milk

Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl and spread on a greased pizza pan. It will look like there isn't enough dough, but trust me spread it thin, it will rise while baking.

On top of the "crust" place 3 cups of rhubarb chopped into 1" pieces . Like you would place pepperoni.

On top of that, sprinkle 1/2 to 3/4 of a box of strawberry jello. Do not make the jello, just sprinkle the powder.

"Cheese"
    In a small bowl combine 1 stick of melted butter,
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup of flour - Mix together and drop like cheese on top of the pizza. You might have to use the back of a spoon to spread it out a little.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. or when the pizza has puffed up a bit and the "cheese" is golden.

This is a bit sweet, but a neat dessert for gatherings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Aisle12Farms

Aisle12Farms Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    Your timing is perfect! As new VT residents, we are growing our first rhubarb ever and are looking for fun ways to serve it. I'm going to give this a try. Thankx.[​IMG]

3. R3Rugrats

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    I think you'll like it....Let me know.. Oh you can also use frozen rhubarb, just make sure you unthaw and drain the water.
    Where in VT are you, I lived there for 7 years in Burlington, but I have family in Barre area and Saxtons River.

[​IMG]

4. Aisle12Farms

Aisle12Farms Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2008
    It was sooo good! Everyone in my family loved it. Thanks again for sharing. I live in Moretown - - Moved here from AZ almost two years ago. It is extremely different from what we are used to, but its growing on us. Where do you live now?

5. R3Rugrats

Jun 5, 2008
    Maine
    Glad you liked it... [​IMG] It is different but good.
    I'm near Manchester, NH now. I don't know where exactly you are, but I do have very good memories of Vermont. I think you'll like it, if you like the snow... hehehe of course this past winter was just awful for everyone...

6. MicMoo

MicMoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    We made this today and I have to say, it's really good. When applying the jello mix and 'cheese' it seemed like the portions were a but excessive for my 12" pizza pan so I didn't use as much and it seemed to turn out nicely... retaining some tartness from the rhubarb.

Thanks! I'll be making this one again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by