RI Red hen in Mtn View CA looking for good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by merlin18, Nov 28, 2007.

1. merlin18

merlin18 New Egg

Nov 28, 2007
    She is a robust RI Red hen, 1 year old, a consistent layer of large eggs, but needs a new home.

I'm in Mtn. View CA. Please consider whether you are prepared to collect her from there, before responding... (if anybody does?)

This hen has gotten aggressive toward her 2 coop-mates (both hens), and the animal behaviorist we consulted, recommended we place her with a new home where there is a rooster and more hens, or a good number of hens around such that she will not be the alpha any longer.

If interested, and can provide a good home, please email. We are not charging anything for her, just want a good home for her. Thanks.

Steve

BTW, she is excellent with people. Often sits on my shoulder while I garden.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Where is Mountain View? I have two roos that would probably love to whoop her into shape! [​IMG]

3. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    is colton/san bernardino close to there?

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Well there is a Mountain Valley in San Bern. County and then another Mountain Valley that is up by San Jose... Big difference. One I would drive to and the other I wouldn't! [​IMG]

Edit: Nevermind... I just emailed him.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  5. merlin18

merlin18 New Egg

Nov 28, 2007
    "Mtn. View CA" is near San Jose, in Northern California. I think you mis-read Mtn. View to be Mtn. Valley in the original post? Anyway...

CarriBrown, I just sent you an email. Still interested... if she's in Mtn. View CA?

Steve S.

6. merlin18

merlin18 New Egg

Nov 28, 2007
    Still available !!!

7. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

merlin18, I sent you a PM about her. [​IMG]

8. merlin18

merlin18 New Egg

Nov 28, 2007
    wooden_pony,

I sent you a PM back Saturday 12/1 in the morning. It hasn't appeared as "Sent" under my messages (?), so if you don't have something from me, please let me know and I'll try again. But...

Murray McMurray Hatchery, vaccinated, days old.
    Alpha-hen behavior should disappear in a new setting.
    If a problem arises, we want her back!

Steve

9. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Steve thanks for the info. No I did not get your first one with this info. [​IMG]

I sent you another PM hopefully this one will go through to you!

Lisa

10. merlin18

merlin18 New Egg

Nov 28, 2007
    Quote:Steve thanks for the info. No I did not get your first one with this info. [​IMG]

I sent you another PM hopefully this one will go through to you!

Lisa

Sending you an email at the address you provided. Will include a phone number. Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by