Richmond, VA - In need of a friend or two

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MamaBigMouth, Jun 27, 2016.

1. MamaBigMouth

MamaBigMouth Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2016
    I have one chicken left, and she needs some coop mates.
    Forsythia is a Red Star and she is the sweetest girl ever.
    This morning at dawn a raccoon ransacked our coop and killed Forsythia's friend, Daisy. Forsythia has been calling for Daisy all day. It's breaking my heart.
    I'm looking for 8-12 week old pullets to keep Forsythia company. Please let me know if you have or know of anyone who is selling chickens in my area.
    This is my first time raising chickens and I am devastated. I started with 3 and on the first day we lost one, we replaced her. After several weeks we discovered we had a rooster, we re-homed him. We were down to 2 beautiful ladies and then raccoons.
    I am now reinforcing my coop and waging war against the predators and looking for 2, 3, or 4 pullets to join our family. If you have any leads, ideas or are selling please let me know.
    Thank you!
    ~Kathie

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

I found started pullets on Craigslist...you might give that a try for area.

3. MamaBigMouth

MamaBigMouth Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2016
    I've sent a response to a woman with 4 - waiting for reply. I'll check again now, there's a lot posted since this morning. Thank you for letting me know [​IMG] It means so much to me!
    This evening Forsythia went missing, I was devasted. My daughter found her in a holly tree 12 feet up. Poor thing is scared to death and I'm beside myself. My husband went out when he got home from work and checked, rechecked and battened down the hatches of the coop. I hope I can let her out in the morning : )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by