Ricky the Tufted Roman has an inappropriate crush!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bibliophile birds, Jul 21, 2010.

1. bibliophile birds

bibliophile birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Ricky lost his loving partner, Lucy, several weeks ago, very suddenly. i was terribly worried about him now being the only goose and getting lonely. he mopped around a bit, always looking for her. it broke my heart.

i moved the turkeys in next to him, in the hopes that they would keep him from feeling too lonely. it seemed to be working.

but now i'm thinking it wasn't the turkeys that perked him up. i think he's found a new love. and i think it's me! [​IMG]

he's never wanted me to touch him, but lately he's been quite clingy, following me around and chatting to me constantly. today, i was sitting in the yard watching the turkeys be silly and all the sudden i had a full grown Roman gander in my lap, chewing on my arm! he wasn't being aggressive, just checking me out and, i swear to god, flirting.

i shoved him off my lap and he just climbed back in. so i shoved him off again and put my knees up so he couldn't do it again. then he danced for me and rubbed his head against my knees, just like he used to rub Lucy's back.

how do you let a lonely gander down gently? [​IMG]

2. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    awww poor goosie!

3. JROOSTER

JROOSTER Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Louisiana
    I think someone needs a girlfriend. [​IMG]

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Poor Ricky, i hope he gets over this.

I have a roman geese and i assume one i have is a girl, it never stays with my other geese, instead it stays ouside the rooster jail, thats were the bad roos go around here, chats it up with them all day long and sleeps outside their pen at night, i guess mabe my other romans are girls to and mabe why this goose is staying by the roo pen.

5. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    So why would you not want him in your lap?? I love my roman in my lap, he loves on me and it's fab. Try it you might like it, plus, he loves you! [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Thats just sweet! you are lucky he loves you so much Im jealous!

7. bibliophile birds

[email protected] :

So why would you not want him in your lap?? I love my roman in my lap, he loves on me and it's fab. Try it you might like it, plus, he loves you!

it was really just the change in attitude that threw me for a loop. i mean, he's literally gone from not wanting to be touched to wanting in my lap... in about a day. yesterday i tried to pet him (since he's been sticking closer to me in the yard) and he turned and hightailed it in the other direction. and today he's in my lap. it was a shock.

i totally don't mind if this is the direction he's heading- getting more friendly and cuddly. that sounds great to me. i just wasn't expecting it!​

8. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    Well let's hope it stops there, if you know what I mean?? [​IMG] jennifer

9. bibliophile birds

[email protected] :

Well let's hope it stops there, if you know what I mean?? [​IMG] jennifer

yes. for a moment i was sure i was about to find out about the birds and the bees... from a gander.​

10. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:yes. for a moment i was sure i was about to find out about the birds and the bees... from a gander.

Oh No!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by