Riddle me this.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TexasChickenLady, Aug 10, 2008.

1. TexasChickenLady

TexasChickenLady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    Pampa, Texas
    Can some one please explain to me why my childeren no matter what they are doing and might not even notice me around can always scense that Im in the bathroom? IT NEVER FAILS!!! What is up with this? Im not joking, no matter if they are playing out side or watchin SPONGEBOB [​IMG]. or even eating a snack...just as soon as I have a seat in the bathroom here they come..."hey mommie......ummm" and nothing thay don't even know why they are there talking to me. Am I the only one? It's like Im a captive audience:pop they got me where they know I can't leave right away. I dunno but somthins gotta give. Im sure one day when they are grown and gone that I'll look back and miss them finding me in the potty. [​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Always happens to me too. Happens anytime I try to catch a few quiet moments alone in my bedroom also. Darn kids, lol.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Husbands are like that too![​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    They certainly are. I have had to institute a policy with my husband that if I go into the bedroom during the day and close the door, he has to give me at least 15min (NOT 15 seconds) before he can come in and start bothering me, lol.

5. MoonbeamQueen

MoonbeamQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Meadow Vista
    I have the same problem at my house! It's just the three of us but just the one bathroom too. The door lock is a good solution for me!

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup......same here. And my boys have their own bathroom. I will be sitting on the potty and all 3 boys come stand in front of me and say (oh I LOVE this) "what are you doing Mom?" [​IMG] My 11 y/o is getting much better but it still happens now and then. I do lock it sometimes though which is like a dream come true......with them knocking saying "Mom, what are you doing"...... [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    And an infant can tell when you have fixed your plate and have your first bite of food almost up to your mouth; that is the exact moment they will start crying.

With 4 kids it was years before I got to eat a hot meal.

8. TexasChickenLady

TexasChickenLady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    Pampa, Texas
    No Kiddin'. Ok heres another thing that really chaps my you know what, For some reason, my husband thinks I know all, I know I know this should be a good thing right...like Im sure some of you are going "lucky dog" but no really it doesnt matter if we are watching a movie niether of us has ever seen and he still has to ask me "why did he do that?" or "whats gonna hapen now" no seriously he honestly believes that
    Im gonna automatically know the answer. Or when it comes to our baby girl, and she's crying or fussing or what ever I can usally (as a mommy) know whats wrong but whan shes got a lil bump or a funny look to her face hes like"hey honey whats wrong with her?" And when the dogs are barkng at nothing just the air just to hear them selves bark...."hey honey what are they barking at...whats wrong with them? I know Im probably by my slef on this rant but it really makes me feel as If somewhere during our dating period he was fooled into thinkg I know every lil thing. Maybe I just need to acept this gift![​IMG]

9. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Mine is the same way….he also thinks I know where everything is.

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Pets know, too. I can't shut the door. It freaks out the cats, who scratch at the door in a frenzy, worried that I might escapte out the secret exit in the bathroom.

My mom (at her house) can't pee without a dog sitting on her feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by