Right after getting mail from MPC hatchery...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Magic Birdie, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    about ordering chickies for 2012, I immediately screamed at my mom about it and went to their website and planned the breeds I wanted. I sat there with my budgie Sunny and planned to get everything exactly right. And by "planned" I mean staring at the computer making weird noises at the cuteness of the chickies. Sunny thought I was really weird.
    Anyway, I planned and planned and planned, but at the same time, I was thinking

Who am I kidding?

There's no way I'm getting chickies. I need a few miracle to happen before that.

This is what I asked Sunny:

HOW AM I GOING TO SANELY LIVE????????????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

And it's not just about being "immature and weird" either. I really want chickens. I probably want them more than most of you. And still, I'm one of the only ones who don't have chickens. Last year, when I waited for over half the year in nervous anticipation, setting up the brooder and staring at it's warm light. I set it up in my room in June. I didn't care how hot it was or how annoying the red light would be when I was sleeping, I didn't care. When my mom told me she canceled the order, I was just hours away from getting what I wanted more than anything else in the world. I don't even know how many times I've cried about this anymore. All I know is that I need chickens.

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Don't give up hope.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Why is it that your mom cancelled your order? Is there any way you can talk to her about it?

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I hope you get your wish, and are able to get some chickies real soon. [​IMG]

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Are you ordering too many? Maybe your mom would be ok with 6 or less. I would not recommend the brooder in your bedroom.The dust and stink will not be good for you. I put mine in the laundry room in a playpen.Then when it got real stinky they all went out into the garage in the playpen.Save any cash you earn for the care of your future chickens.Once you have the brooder,coop,and supplies perhaps your mom will feel better about it. Really, gotta know why she is putting it off to offer good suggestions. I told my kids when we have to get supplies for all the animals THEY want it comes out of the junk food money.Need feed no pop.Need dog food no chips. We have to give up some things if we want to have animals.

Lol, I know what you mean about looking at the breeds. Oh, I could order so many.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  6. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:She has a reason, and it makes sense, I have to admit. I tried talking to her before...

7. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:Thanks for the advice. My mom doesn't really care how many I order as long as it's not THAT much.

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    You are not the only person in the world who has had to wait for something that they really wanted. You can and will live without chickens. Yes, chickens are fun and entertaining. But if you really want something and your mom says no. Then you have to listen to her. As long as you live under her roof, you must follow her rules. But when you have your own house then you can get whatever you want.
    I am sure you will get chickens soon enough. There are much more things to cry about in this world then just not having chickens. Be thankful for what you have. Just think positively and try not to dwell on chickens. The time will come when you will get your chickens and you will be glad you waited. You may not get them today, this week or this month. But the day that you get them it will have been worth the wait.

9. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

You are not the only person in the world who has had to wait for something that they really wanted. You can and will live without chickens. Yes, chickens are fun and entertaining. But if you really want something and your mom says no. Then you have to listen to her. As long as you live under her roof, you must follow her rules. But when you have your own house then you can get whatever you want.
    I am sure you will get chickens soon enough. There are much more things to cry about in this world then just not having chickens. Be thankful for what you have. Just think positively and try not to dwell on chickens. The time will come when you will get your chickens and you will be glad you waited. You may not get them today, this week or this month. But the day that you get them it will have been worth the wait.

the "wait" isn't a week or a month or anything like that. The "wait" has been over two years so far. And if everyone wanted chickens as much as I do, most of them would be going crazy.​

10. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:the "wait" isn't a week or a month or anything like that. The "wait" has been over two years so far. And if everyone wanted chickens as much as I do, most of them would be going crazy.

NOT trying to be mean or anything but you have multiple threads on this, I had to wait 2 years before I could get any poultry. Just be patient and it will happen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by