1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Right To Grow Act

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahFair, Sep 29, 2010.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Does anyone know anything about the 'Right To Grow Act'?
    I dont know if its anywhere else but Ga but its suppose to let home owners have Chickens, Milk Goats, and Rabbits..

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/bill-would-let-more-361136.html
    The bill would allow homeowners to have chickens, milk goats and rabbits -- as well as sizable fruit and vegetable gardens -- so long as the goal would be to feed their families.

Local governments wouldn’t have much room to object, unless they have complaints about things like noise or odor that they're willing to take to court. Subdivision covenants would still apply, said Rep. Bobby Franklin (R-Marietta), sponsor of the “Georgia Right to Grow” bill.​

2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Wow- that is the only good news I've heard in days! I really hope that catches on nationwide... During the depression the government strongly suggested that everyone have chickens. This could be the beginning of something really good. Thanks for posting it!

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Yea most Ga laws mandate that countys an citys cant opt out.

Lots of countys an citys have learned that the hard way with there "no guns" signs in parks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by