Riley, Barred Easter Egger Pullet, 16 Wks Old (Pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Some of you really liked Riley's looks so here are some pictures of her from today. She and Gracie are being slowly integrated into the main flock and eventually, they'll go to the Delawares with Isaac and the five girls over there. Yes, I'm considering putting Riley in with Isaac since she will lay green eggs and there will be no accidental collecting of hers when I collect for a buyer. It's so interesting how some get yellow legs and some get the white ones with slate wash down the fronts. Riley's sister, now owned by sportsterchick, has white and she and her brother got yellow. (don't even look at my poor Gypsy in that nest--she is just starting to get feathers back on her head and neck from her horrible molt. Gypsy and Riley don't know it, but they're half sisters. Mama is blue Ameraucana, Charlotte)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tux, one of the Poufy-Head Sisters, is making sure that Miss Fern watches her step! Fern is 20 weeks and Tux is almost 3 years old. Fern is a chunky thing, like her mama, Ivy, used to be, before her egg issues.
    [​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]:love:love

3. DebbieLynn

DebbieLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG] I think both girls are beautiful and I love the name Gracie! All your girls are pretty!

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    They are beautiful. [​IMG]

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Poor gypsy. Your barred girl is really looking good. Yesterday I started intergrating my Splashes. They are doing great. They are still a bit people shy. I guess the blues and splashes are like that. Take care Gloria Jean

6. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Reily is beautiful [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks! Gloria Jean, Gypsy is getting quills down her neck now! She may actually look like Gypsy again soon! Heck, I may not even recognize her except by her "I want you to pick me up" antics. [​IMG]

8. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

She is very beautiful! I love the way, the further down her back you get, the more black appears. Congrats on a beautiful bird!! [​IMG]

9. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    She's really pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by