1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ring on a string....

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Sep 6, 2014.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Someone a while back posted about a "ring on a string" to determine sex of a turkey. A couple of us asked him to explain this, but I think the guy stopped posting...

Does anyone know what this ring on a string thing is???

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Don't know about ring on a string, but bet it's like the old wives tale of predicting human boy or girl with string and needle over the pregnant belly???

3. duluthralphie

hold a ring on a string over an egg and if it swings right it is a boy???

ROFLMBO

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Yes, if it swings right to left a boy.. but if swings top to bottom it's a girl...[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Absolutely scientifically proven.

5. duluthralphie

That is almost what the guy wrote. He had a turkey, he got from some guy that did the ring on a string test and said it was a hen.....He was not sure after a period of time and posted the picture for others to tell him what sex they thought it was......Everyone that answered said it was a Tom......

But he never explained the ring on a string thing.....Sure wish I knew what it was..... I have a bunch of CX's I would like to sex.

6. retlaw

retlaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    google:

How To Use a Pendulum

7. duluthralphie

I googled it, I saw nothing that said how to use it to determine the sex of a turkey... BUT I can use it to:

Communicate with a spirit,
    Enhance my intuition
    take an odyssey of the soul
    make a crystal tiger
    Bake cookies
    and divine lost jewels

8. retlaw

Feb 2, 2013
    Start to play around with it and get a feel for it and find out how it works for you.
    Then you can apply it with more specific intent.

I have a crystal on a hemp string that I play around with.
    What I do with mine for testing is I place it over something that I know is bad for you.
    Like over your computer or cell phone etc and watch what it does and then move it to something that is good for you. Like some organic fruits or veggies that you know were grown properly. (these also might have a contamination that a pendulum will find)
    You will notice opposite reactions. (if the organic fruit/veg is pure)
    With those findings you can start to experiment and expand what you can test or find with your pendulum.

You can take you pendulum to the store and test all the fruit and veggies you buy first to see if they are good for you.
    Once you get a feel for using the pendulum it will become more easier to use and make sense out of it.
    Good luck and have fun.

9. duluthralphie

Thanks,

So we were right for sexing turkeys you put the ring over the eggs?

With all due respect and not wanting to offend you or your beliefs, I think I should be considered a skeptic at this point.

10. retlaw

Feb 2, 2013
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/place-lancashire/plain/A3373175

In 1959, Verne Cameron, a professional Californian dowser, contacted the United States Navy and told them he would locate the entire submarine fleet using only a map and a pendulum. The navy accepted the challenge and Cameron successfully located not only the US submarines, but also the position of Russian submarines around the world.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by