Ringed teal pair gave me a scare.....

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, Nov 26, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Went to feed up early on this cold morning and they were no where in site. I went frantically looking for them.....nothing. Then I happened to notice a movement in a plastic bucket I hung up for my Mandrians as a nest box. It is camo pattern with realistic twigs and leaf pattern printed on it, a hole cut in the upper side! And a wire mesh ladder etc... Well apparently they are sleeping in there at night.... lol. :D

2. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    Haha atleast you found them! glad everone is safe

3. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    They were staying warm. [​IMG]

4. Blob Chicken

Blob Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    Hah ,cold in Florida.

Your ducks should come up to Canada and live with me for a few weeks. My birds will show 'em what cold really means :p

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Whew Scott! I cant even fathom how you take it up there.[​IMG]I just got back from Tennessee/North Carolina. and that was plenty enough for this ole southern boy. Plus it just must be a nightmare to care of your birds and pens with ice and snow. I always think of this when I talk to my northern neighbors.Hope you and yours are doing well. My hats off to ya. Id go nuts in the cold.LOL!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by