Ringling and Jiggling OM GOODNESS Ducks here we come!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Ok so I put some eggs under my chicken a few weeks ago, so far we have 1 bantam that should hatch in about 2, 3 days, 1 RR witch should hatch in about 1, 2 days and 2 duck eggs.
    Now the ducks I got from a friend to hatch and they were already under a hen haha, it was funny 2 ducks and 1 hen sitting on duck eggs and when they hatched she stole them from the duck HAHAHAHAHA.

But when I was walking away from where I candeld them I felt jiggling AND I WAS LIKE OM GOODNESSS!!!!!! So I quickly put them under my hen haha
    If any of you guys could give me information on duck eggs that would be great, and let me know if you wanna join in [​IMG]

I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED GUYS!

2. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Day 14, 4 days till lock down for my chicks! WHOOP, WHOOP, just to let you know we have RR's and Bantams and DUCKS but the ducks are like 4 days till they hatch yayyyyyy

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im (trying) to hatch some! Mine are on day 10, but when I was at my dads, my mom was watching my eggs, and the humidity went all the way down to 28, and I dont see heart beats any more. I hope mine hatch.

BTW duck eggs take 28 days to hatch....

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Oh, and im hatching rouens, and rouen X khaki campbell mutts. What are you hatching?

5. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Oh cool, we should keep each other updated [​IMG] It is hard to see when I candle the duck eggs, it is almost full! They have a rather large air sack

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Yeah. Updates are cool :cool just found out all my eggs are doing good. All are developed! Except a infertile one. Cant wait to see some cute babies!

7. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:Yeah. Updates are cool :cool just found out all my eggs are doing good. All are developed! Except a infertile one. Cant wait to see some cute babies!

haha YAY! I made a new thread, with candling pictures make sure you check it out!

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Checking it out now...

9. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:Ok [​IMG]

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ok [​IMG]

Looks like you will have some baboes soon [​IMG] what breed?..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by