Ringneck And Melanistic babies hatching right now.. :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Doodle_Doo, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    i have 24 pheasant eggs hatching about 11 have broken the egg one made a big hole and sa that i was stick like pasted to the shell and couldnt get out like shrink wrapped..the incubator is at 98.8 degrees and the humidity reads 88% why would they still have trouble getting stuck of would the problem be only with the one that made the big hole?the others only move around inside but havent come out...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Sounds like exactly what happened to our last hatch. Our humidity was too high. I know most don't condone "helping", but I did & got 2 live chicks & 2 live partridge that would not have made it without my help. We lost everything else.

Pat

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I would definitely help the one that's poked a large hole. That's a classic sign of being stuck in the shell and they can usually be helped successfully and without too much trouble.

The others I would leave alone for now. They can sometimes take a surprisingly long time to go from zipping to coming out (though I've not hatched pheasant, so I'm talking in general).

I don't know why the one would be stuck. It does seem strange, but then sometimes things just don't happen the way we expect. Sorry I'm not more help on that!

4. Doodle_Doo

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    Quote:hope everything comes out well [​IMG] bu thank you for the help i removed some of the sponges for humidity i had 5 in there now i have three and the fogging of the view windows has come off..

5. Doodle_Doo

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    Quote:it is very strange.. and wow you are right they doo surprise i checked in the morning and i could only see small breaks in the shell and now i checked about 5 minutes and there are four bouncing around in there [​IMG] yeah!!!!!! im happy i was worried that something had gone wrong the one that was stuck i sprinkled it with water and just poped out after a while and if the rest do like these four i will possobly have 14 babies at the end of the night..out of 24 eggs 14 is good and some still to wait on might have more...thank you for your help and advice..much appriciated i will put up some pics soon [​IMG]

6. Doodle_Doo

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    here they are..they scared me but they are out finally...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats!!! [​IMG]

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    So glad that everything worked out!!! Congrats on the new babies!

Pat

9. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Woo Hoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by