1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ringneck dove pics!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Currently I have 4 pair of ringnecks (at least that's what they were sold to me as [​IMG]). One pair came from Mary of Exeter, a blond (fawn) male and an orange female:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I bought another pair locally, these are fawn (blond) pieds:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This past weekend I attended the Bluegrass Poultry Association's show in Frankfort KY, where I found another 2 pair. So far I know that I have one albino:
    [​IMG]

One that I believe is platinum:
    [​IMG]
    (platinum on left, albino on right)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And 2 that are either white or bulleyed white, I can't tell the difference! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure on any of the colors except for the orange, blond (fawn), and albino, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to correct me! Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Beautiful Doves!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Beautiful! The young one I gave you is getting prettier with her color! [​IMG]

4. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I want some ringneck doves......[​IMG]

5. Ashmeade

Ashmeade Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Very pretty! I have a male ringneck dove kept in a cage in the house (though he is out of his cage a lot). I got him from a lady on craigslist getting rid of him. Had no idea of what great pets they make. I love his creepy laugh__makes for great conversation when I have visitors or when talking on the phone. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I have one male ringneck. He is a pied wild pattern. A littler too dark to be an orange. I love him to pieces. He doesn't like to sit on my shoulder, but I use him for showmanship. Looking for a female, but none here locally.

I love your pieds. They are so pretty. I've always loved the whites as well.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well one thing I've learned is that doves are easy to catch....don't ask me how I know [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I don't particularly care for whites, but they were pretty inexpensive. Plus the one (blond ivory or platinum, can't figure it out) is the one I really wanted and I had nothing to put one dove in to bring it home [​IMG]

9. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow Shelley, those doves are beautiful. [​IMG]

10. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I've always had at least one pied dove. I've also always had wild patterned doves. I like the whites because of the symbolism behind them. I saw a white silky once. she was gorgeous, but already sold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by