Ringneck Pheasant Trio

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Valley quail breeder, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Valley quail breeder

Valley quail breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC

2. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    was looking at your other videos.....you know those red goldens arent red goldens....right!?

3. Valley quail breeder

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote:You referring to my other video on YouTube? How can you say that just curious being there only a few months old and haven't even feathered out all the way....According to alot of people there arent any pure breed Goldens? Got these from a man here locally and he claims there RG were born this spring 2010 haven't feathered out all the way yet. Please feel free to comment let me know what you think this is my first year with raising RG Pheasants

4. oleduke

oleduke Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2008
    WV
    That pen is way to small for those ring-necks [​IMG]

The last link of the two birds pacing; the smaller bird is a red golden or a variation, but the larger bird looks to me like a ring-neck hybrid of some sort.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  5. Valley quail breeder

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Come on over help me make a bigger one would ya... [​IMG][​IMG]

Quote:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  6. Valley quail breeder

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote:Funny how people comment on things when it has nothing to do with your post....

7. Valley quail breeder

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Interesting there both from the same parents...

Quote:

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:
    I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I THINK OLD DUKE IS AT LEAST PARTIALLY CORRECT. THEY CERTAINLY ARENT 100% RED GOLDEN. I BELEIVE THE SMALLER 1 TO BE A HEN AND THE DIFFERENCE VISUALLY IS LESS, SO SHE DOESNT LOOK SO OFF, THE THE COCK THAT PACING IS WAY OFF. I COULDNT SAY FOR SURE WHAT SPECULATION HIS LINEAGE IS BUT RING NECK MAY NOT BE OUT OF THE QUESTION--- HE HAS THE RINGNECK CAP AND OTHER MARKING THAT DEFINATELY MAKE HIM SUSPECT.

9. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:You referring to my other video on YouTube? How can you say that just curious being there only a few months old and haven't even feathered out all the way....According to alot of people there arent any pure breed Goldens? Got these from a man here locally and he claims there RG were born this spring 2010 haven't feathered out all the way yet. Please feel free to comment let me know what you think this is my first year with raising RG Pheasants

The 2nd clip looks like a golden ringneck cross.
    In N.H.,Tony.

10. Valley quail breeder

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
    Here's a pic of the one in question that the guy sold me in the 2nd video hes around 4 or 5 months old.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by