1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ringneck Pheasants For Sale?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by pheasantworld9, Nov 7, 2013.

1. pheasantworld9

pheasantworld9 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2013
    Does any one have Chinese ringneck hens for sale? If so, will you ship them to Texas? Jut trying to get some for my males so I can help to stop thier fighting this spring

2. BJLReptiles

BJLReptiles Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2013
    MD
    I've seen some on softbillsforsale today 1.4

3. pheasantfrenzie

pheasantfrenzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    How many do you want? I can get you some awesome females.

4. pheasantworld9

Jul 13, 2013
    10-15 will they ship to Texas?

5. pheasantfrenzie

pheasantfrenzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    I checked with the guy I knew that had the females and he said he won't ship them because the cost would be to high and not worth it because of the weight of them. Sorry

6. pheasantworld9

Jul 13, 2013
    What area are you located?

7. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    I don't know how many males you have together in a pen or how large a pen you have, but adding hens to the mix will only make things worse. If they haven't already started the males will fight to death this spring when mating season starts. Ringnecks and Goldens are REALLY bad about that. Also NEVER introduce other pheasants into a males pen. They are very protective of their area, males or hens he will more than likely kill them. Always move your males to a new area where you have you hens. Adding hens to a pen of more than one cock will not stop the fighting, it will only make it much worse. When I ship adult birds I have to add the cost of the shipping container "it must be an approved container by the shipping agency" and the cost of the actual shipping. When I ship from Arizona to anywhere west of the Rockies the shipping cost runs around $80.00, and I don't make any money from the actual shipping. You would have to want the birds real bad to pay for shipping sense it runs more than the actual cost of the birds. Most of the time you can find local pheasant breeders on Craigs list.

8. pheasantworld9

Jul 13, 2013
    Thanks for the great advise! I figured it out and all is well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by