ringneck pheasants

meendog10

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 21, 2015
Hello,
I have been raising pheasants for a few years. Since last year i have tried breeding. Last year my hens were laying in January to Febuary. I must have had over 200 eggs but no broody hens! I ended up releasing them on our 100 acre farm. This year i have more in a 15x15x8 pen. I have hay and christmas trees in there. Just wanted to know what to expect this year... When they will lay, how long before they become broody, etc. The pheasants were hatched this spring. I also have a heat lamp over the water so i does not freeze. Is that a bad idea?
Thanks All

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

You might want to post this question in our Pheasants section. Lots of knowledgeable members there that can help you out with your birds...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/50/pheasants-and-partridge-chukar

Make yourself at home here and good luck with your birds!! :)

Welcome to backyard chickens
It's a clever way to keep your water from freezing, but it may not be very safe, a stock tank heater or a heated water bucket would probably be a better idea just in case...

I tied it up so it cannot fall down or burn anything. Inwas just wondering if it will throw off the pheasants natural cycle with amount of daylight

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I don't know anything about Pheasants. I would definitely post in the Pheasants section that Two Crows linked to. Good luck with your pheasants!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about pheasants (never had any), but definitely post on our pheasant link that TwoCrows left with you, and take advantage of our pheasant experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your pheasants.

Back
Top Bottom