Ringworm chicken to dog

RebelEgger

Free Ranging
May 10, 2020
Chester, Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
I’m wondering if anyone has experience with ringworm in their chickens and if anyone has experience with it being transmitted to their dog(s)?
We have been treating our dog for what we suspect is ringworm, even though cytology hasn’t really shown anything. The vet thought maybe the chickens could be the source. I didn’t think but then I noticed the comb of my rooster looked whitish in spots. Today I started treating him for it. 2 of my hens also have bald patches, one on her bum and one on top of her head, which I originally thought was feather plucking/bullying, but maybe not! I don’t see any sign of other parasites on them. I don’t have photos but can always get some.

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with ringworm in their chickens and if anyone has experience with it being transmitted to their dog(s)?
We have been treating our dog for what we suspect is ringworm, even though cytology hasn’t really shown anything. The vet thought maybe the chickens could be the source. I didn’t think but then I noticed the comb of my rooster looked whitish in spots. Today I started treating him for it. 2 of my hens also have bald patches, one on her bum and one on top of her head, which I originally thought was feather plucking/bullying, but maybe not! I don’t see any sign of other parasites on them. I don’t have photos but can always get some.
From what I understand, most parasitic things are species specific... I don’t think two species can pass it back and fourth.... but I’m not sure about ringworm

Back
Top Bottom