Ringworm?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
OK - I have had my 6 chicks for about a week now. They all seem fine, no bald spots or anything. They do preen alot and scratch a little but I chalked that up for new feathers.

Here is the catch - I HAVE A RINGWORM spot on my thigh. I always wash after handling, I dont have cats. I do have a 12 year old dog that lives inside and he is not showing any signs of it.

Can I have gotten this from my chicks? and if so, how do I get rid of it on me and figure out if the girls do have it and how to get rid of it on them??

yuck...

Quote:
If it is ringworm, yes you can get it from chickens. Start with an over the counter anitfungal cream. If that does not work go to your Dr.

I had what I thought was ringworm from my chickens once, even my Dr said "yes it is ringworm". But after 6 months of antifungal treatment, oral and topical, it did not go away. Finally I went to a dermitologist who said I actually had eczema, and with the correct treatment it went away quickly.

I do not know how to get rid of it in chickens, sorry. Keep an eye on the Dog, he may actually have it.

Back
Top Bottom