rip action jackson

Discussion in 'Geese' started by action jackson, Apr 7, 2016.

1. action jackson

action jackson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    I had lost a dear friend 6 mos ago I did the best I could and kept him going but no matter how much you try nature is nature now this was a goose I hatched and stuck by my side like I was one of his kind he marked me and learned about ponds streams fields where ever I went he followed now he's on that big pond in the sky looking down on me honking while I take care of his brothers and sisters I adopted some time after he passed the day he past he waited till the morning came up to me and honked so I picked him up and he nuzzled my face and passed away on my chest laying down hurt me allot but I learned one thing geese or any bird should be well taken care of because they feel emotion like us

2. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    [​IMG]

3. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    [​IMG]

4. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    his brothers and sisters

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    So sorry for your loss, I know he was very special to you.

-Kathy

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I am sorry too I know you miss him you 2 had a special relationship. but I am sure his brothers and sisters bring you much joy.

7. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    Yes I miss him when I bought my house I adopted them there first hatch is coming up soon

8. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    I have two males they have been fighting I gotta grab each one and have goose talks with them anyway one ripped skin and feathers of the other I know to hold the skin and pull the ones that are 25 percent attached what would you use for disinfectant and wet dry bandages can I use neosporin

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Neosporin with out pain but if it's open wound you might want air to get to it can you separate the 2 boys for now so the one hurt can recover.I like Veterycin for wounds and infections You can also wash out the wound with a mixture of salt dissolved into warm water. Yes try talking to them but beleive me I don't think it is going to do any good. [​IMG] just time of year.

10. action jackson

Mar 18, 2015
    ny
    Ok I got them to calm down and after cleaning him up and some feather pulling he's 100% better gosh they heal quick with a little attention just waiting for my baby's to hatch got to dig a little wading pool in the ground so the babies have some safe water to swim in

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by