RIP Bethenny :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by neVar, Aug 5, 2011.

1. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    Bethenny came to us with our 3 other silkie hens we got 3 weeks ago. Her pst owner gave her to us for free as she ws not doing well- she ws very very thin- her crown was plucked so badly it was never going to grow in. We all hoped she'd thrive in a smaller number of birds- she also had a crooked beak- which ws very long- i wanted to shave it down a bit but she ws eating- and no one has been picking on her- and i didn't wnt to stress her out.

Sadly- although she was fine this afternoon i came home to bethenny being passed away [​IMG] she ws so friendly i know my kids will be heart broken

[​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

3. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Very sorry for your loss. It's never "just a chicken" when you've made the commitment to take care of a feathered friend. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    How sad.

5. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Sorry to hear this, she was very pretty [​IMG]

6. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'm very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Bethenny![​IMG]

8. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    good thing you did not cut her beak down. there was a 7th chicken that made it to day 20, but didn't hatch. egg was cold and mommy ignored it and she did cuz the towel/blanket it was on got wet. egg been cold for a long time, so i opened it carefully after not being able to listen to much movement. the chicken baby was big like the other hatchlings but like frozen. not ice just like stuck and not moving. its beak was cricked too and long. don't know why. it got buried by me after that in my flower pot. left it there for a long time in the winter and rain.. then i transported it to another pot and i seen the body still not so much decomposed but smelled. bony body and all its yellow feathers on its head. I put it in the potato plant's bigger pot when transplanting it. plant is cold and dying slowly now though. it got 16-18 inches tall though. I may take it outside for more sun. When I saw the body of the dead chick, the other chicks had more feather growth than that. it was so sad.

Quote:

9. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    I am so sorry

10. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Aww :hugs
    She was very beautiful :(