RIP Bossy

Termi

Hatching
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Hello, I just lost my beautiful white chicken, not sure if she was a leghorn. She was 11 years old and very friendly. I think she died in her sleep during the night because I found her in the coop under a perch. I got her when she was only 4 months old from a school that had hatched some eggs so kids could see where chickens come from. If I sat on a bucket she would immediately jump on my lap and start preening herself. It was such a shock to find her dead. She wasn't acting sick. I called her Bossy because she used to keep the rooster in line. She was always so clean and white. I just had to vent, I knew all of you would understand.
Thank you. Susan in CT

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Termi, I am so very sorry to hear about your hen.
hugs.gif
Many of us have lost a most beloved chicken and know how difficult it is. They can become part of the family and are dearly missed when gone.

Many hugs to you...
hugs.gif

I also want to say that it is great that you could join BYC. Enjoy the forums!

Dowie

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
It's so hard to lose a pet, especially one you've had for a long time. After eleven years she would have been a reliable constant in your life. So sorry for your loss.

Desirai

Songster
8 Years
Oct 12, 2011
Alabama
Hugs. I lost a chicken a few days ago. It hurts to lose a pet. But she obviously lived a very good life to have been with you for so long

theoldchick

The Chicken Whisperer
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
May 11, 2010
Very sorry to hear about Bossy. I'm sure you two created many nice memories in 11 years.

Top Bottom