RIP Chili Pepper............... you will be missed greatly

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Dec 7, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I posted awhile back about my roo that developed a swolleness under his eye and with meds it went away............ only for him to develop wry neck and other problems I could not fix... He tried real hard for me, for 3 weeks he fought it until today he could not fight anymore. I think he would have given up yesterday, but he knew I wasn't ready to let him go..... so he held on a little more. He was a gift from a friend and I loved him dearly. He had a strange comb that made him look more like a tri colored Leghorn than a Toulbunt Polish, but he was all character and was always happy to see me. I'll miss the big guy. Good bye my dear friend.....
    I am so tired of losing the ones I love............. Raising chickens has lost it's fun for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm very sorry. He was a cool-looking bird.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

4. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I know how you feel, I recently lost my River, She was a Silver Sebright.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

He was a special chicken.............. I do have his daughter, his only chick, left. I hope to be able to get another CP oneday............... although he was one of a kind. [​IMG]

6. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    so sorry for the loss he was real pretty and special too [​IMG]

7. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Don't give up look at the bright side of things you have got his daughter [​IMG]

8. OH wow, he was a beauty.

Im sorry for your lost. Spoil the daughter rotten for me. Gosh, he is a beautiful bird.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful unique boy. I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose them but the joy they bring does make the sadness of loss weaker. [​IMG]

10. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Awww, I can totally relate... I just lost a very sweet girl after nursing her and handfeeding for over a month! The hardest part was that she seemed so much better... she had started eating on her own again and everything. I have had a lot of chicken problems since I got them nine months ago and considered giving up, too. But the pain of the losses fades with the joy of each new day I spend with the flock. [​IMG]

What was your birdies name? He sure was cool looking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by