RIP, Hotwing

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CarriBrown, Apr 25, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I had Hotwing put down today. It was such a tough decision, but he was no longer eating or drinking. I am awaiting necropsy results and will keep you all posted. Thank you, everyone, for your support.
    RIP, my sweet Hotwing... Your momma and Auntie Cyn love you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    OH Carri,

I am so very very sorry. There have been so many losses lately. I am in tears here, love and hugs go out to you.

Jill

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    So sorry to hear this...[​IMG]

Dawn

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

WE'VE LOST HOTWING AND HAWKEYE.... WHAT NEXT?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I am so sorry to hear this Carri. [​IMG] I can't remember, how od was he?

6. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no Carrie! I'm so sorry. You did everything you could for him. :aww [​IMG]

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    So sorry. It's never easy to lose a loved pet. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Like I told you, Carri, Hotwing and Hawkeye will rule that Great Roost in the Sky. Their mothers loved them with all their hearts and I'm sure they knew it every day of their lives. We were so blessed to have them as long as we did. RIP, our sweet boys. [​IMG]

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Thank you, everyone. Thank you, Cyn. I cried when you lost Hawkeye... I was just sick. And now the tables are turned.. it's just awful. Hotwing knew his momma loved him... I would give him "rooster kisses" after he went to bed. [​IMG]
    Hotwing was just a year old. He was my favorite rooster ever. He NEVER showed any aggression and he was sweet to his ladies.
    Now, Drumstick (aka STUPID) will head up the standard coop. Lacey and Potpie are not too hot on the idea, but he's been flirting with them through the fence for a couple of weeks. We let the three of them out today so Stupid can woo them and they can run if they want. I'm going to keep an eye on them, let the sun go down, and see if the girls invite Stupid back to their place.
    [​IMG]

10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Carri,

Im so sorry for your loss. He was such a handsome boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by