RIP Little Sassy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Jun 14, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I lost Sassy today. It has been soooo hot here I think she had heat stroke. No signs of illness, heavy as a brick. She was my Nacked neck smooth feather show girl, she started out as a house chicken with Sophie, but she didn't care for it too much, so she became a babysitter chicken outside. I will miss you my silly little girl...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Very sad you lost her.

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I am SO sorry for your loss- she looked like a sweetie!

4. molly d

molly d Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    lawrence, ks
    Aww, she was a beauty. So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. chickenGRAFFITI

chickenGRAFFITI Songster

Dec 18, 2009
    I am sorry for your loss. She was beautiful. Mine are staying inside their room most of the day because of the heat. They walk outside and turn right around.

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Im sorry abou ur girl.... shes so pretty ............btw I like the photo of the turkey outside the window,and ho relaxed the chickens look.

7. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Oh Jen! Not little Sassy! [​IMG] I'm so sorry! She will be terribly missed I'm sure! [​IMG] Just remember all of the good times you had with her. She knew you loved her dearly. And in the end, isn't that all that matters? Thanks for sharing pictures of her with us. Such a sweet little girl. [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I had a feeling I should have brought her inside, but she so loved being outside I didn't.......... I wish I would have at least for this week. [​IMG]

9. DDRanch

DDRanch Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    I am so sorry for your loss. Little Sassy was a real beauty and obviously loved. [​IMG]

10. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Songster

i dont particularly like naked necks, but she was pretty. so sorry [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by