RIP May! You will be greatly missed!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by matthewschickens, Jun 27, 2010.

1. May died [​IMG]
    She was my last Buff Orpington and she was in the nesting box and was found dead. [​IMG] We think she may of died of the heat but we are not sure [​IMG]
    She was one of the last 3 originals that I had of the 10 I started out with 2 1/2 years ago. [​IMG] She was always trying to hatch eggs and really wanted to have babies but I never got the chance to let her do it [​IMG] [​IMG] She wasn't always the friendlist but was my little baby girl [​IMG]

Rest In Peace May! You are missed greatly [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Matthew

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I lost one of my Buff Orpingtons this month from the heat. She was my best and biggest layer. Always weighed in above extra large.
    I kept telling myself that she was a chicken and get over it already, but she was also MY bird not just A bird. I know how you feel. I think that there must have been more that I could have/ should have done... and I didn't do it, what ever 'it' was.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. She had a good, safe, well fed life.
    I am sorry. I had chicken dreams for a couple of nights afterwards. Guilt I guess. But we can't control the weather. We try to keep them cool, and they have to have the instincts to do the rest.
    My condolences.

3. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    [​IMG]

4. Here is a pic of Her:

[​IMG]

5. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am sooooooooo sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I am so sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

7. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] So sorry you have lost your May. She was a pretty girl.

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Very sorry.

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

10. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet May. I lost two of my beloved birds to the heat last summer, and I'm really hoping not to lose any more to that same fate again. May she rest in peace. [​IMG] It's so sad losing a friend, no matter what species they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by