1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIP my beloved lil bunny foo foo

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cat1994, Jun 16, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    So I bought this bunny a long time ago from a breeder of meat bunnies. I was lil and I thought he was just too cute to kill so I got my dad to save him and I raised him and named him lil bunny foo foo. He lived with my chickens, free to go to the big uncovered run with grass and trees where he loved to dig tunnels, to the small covered run where he would lounge in his spacious 4 room rabbit hutch, to the nest boxes in the hen house where he seemed to sit for hours staring out the windows waiting for me to come so he could sit on my lap and be loved on. So in other words he had a really good life with me if I do say so myself. He was the cock of the walk; he even beat up a few roosters when they thought they were the ones in charge. Anyways he was getting really old and turning grey and getting grumpy so I knew he was finally filling his age. This morning I went out to take care of everyone and I found him all curled up in his night night room (a room filled with bedding for him to sleep in) of his rabbit hutch. He just looked like he was peacefully asleep but not breathing. So he died in his sleep last night. I am really sad but kind of happy that he died in such a peaceful way. Anyways I just wanted to say rest in peace my lil bunny foo foo I will miss you and I will always love you.
    Here are some pics my lil bunny foo foo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    So sorry, but I'm glad too that he died in such a peaceful way. It's a good way to die. He's a very pretty boy.

3. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    R.I.P lil bunny foo foo He was a very beautiful and obviously happy rabbit, most are not near so lucky to live out there lives with some one who takes the time to love them...

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. Thegrayeyedgirl

Thegrayeyedgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Wow, what a wonderful bunny life. I can imagine he had a little bunny smile on his face that he was so loved. Thank you for sharing this, and my condolences.

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Happily for both of you he died in his sleep - nice and peaceful.

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

8. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss but am at relieved he died peacefully in his sleep. Rest in peace Lil Bunny Foo Foo. [​IMG] again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by