RIP my little Winter...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Whitewinterwolf, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

She was the best little hen...She got to get her picture taken with Santa, she survived the rooster when he killed all the show hens, she survived the shunning and beating from the pet flock, she survived getting frozen to the ground when hubby forgot to check for her under the coop, she survived the cat and the dog, and then she was able to happily sit on her infertile egg/dud egg and pretend to be a mom. She would come walking over to me every time I called, and she screamed indignantly at the cat...
    Her fist show was going to be in May a the Oxford MA show...
    Then she fell from the coop, and wasn't right since...She began to loose her balance a lot, and then slowly she just stopped being able to stand...
    Today she was culled, put out of her misery so she could(As hubby said) "peck forever in between the corn rows of rainbow bridge where hawks and predators can never get her..."
    I give up on showing Silkies, perhaps I'm just meant to show a different breed.
    RIP my Winter...

2. Indigosands

Indigosands Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2012
    Yucca Valley, CA
    I'm so sorry. :( She was a cutie!

3. Rachy

Rachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    UK
    I'm so very sorry for your loss of your little Winter x :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by