1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIP my sweet Nightingale..........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 13, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    My sweetie went missing. Tonight makes night # 3 and this is the first time I have allowed myself to cry or think she wasn't going to come home. I KNOW she isn't. She is my sweetest, my most loving. She is always around wanting held. She quietly coos to you the entire time you are holding her. She is perfect and she is gone. I know she doesn't have a nest somewhere...she is gone from a fenced yard and has been laying an egg every day in the coop. Hawk? Owl? Who knows. She is gone without a trace and my heart is breaking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry! She was gorgeous! [​IMG]
    Hoping she will just mysteriously show up [​IMG]

3. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw, I'm so sorry.

:aww
    Em

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks...I keep hoping she will too, but she was such a little homebody. I know that sounds strange to say that about a chicken, but she was the "mommy hen" to everyone. I just miss her so much.

5. appleton78

appleton78 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    Oh, Christy...she is adorable. I feel your pain.

I have had this happen with animals before. You never forget it...it bothers you forever. Not knowing is terrible.

:aww I have been praying for your girl....

Off subject though, your son is a handsome young man. You can just see he is a great kid!

We are all pulling for you and your best sweetie...

Michele

6. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Try and keep your hopes up a little. I've seen several threads on here about people losing their chickens for a couple of days and they do return sometimes.
    I'll keep my fingers (and toes for extra measure) crossed for you!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hope by some miracle she shows up. She just had to be a Barred Rock, my absolute favorite. I'm sorry. [​IMG]

8. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I'm really sorry about nightingale.

She could still show up. My rooster was gone for a week then came back. Hope she comes back.

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I still hope she shows up...

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks, all of you. Yes, I am still holding on to that speck of hope (that this forum has given me) that she could return. She is just too, too, special. I know a lot of people seem to just adore Barred Rocks (speckledhen... [​IMG] ) if most are like her, I can see why. I always said she is sheer chickie perfection. I never knew how much losing a chicken could hurt. They just completely capture our hearts.

Thanks Michele. [​IMG] Yeah, he is a great kid. He just adores our chickies, too. [​IMG]

Anyway, even though I am allowing myself to mourn for her, I won't ever give up looking, calling, hoping, unless I find her body.

Again, thanks.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by