RIP NavyBean

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Anna-MN, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Anna-MN

Anna-MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Last night I went out to the coop and NavyBean, my Blue Andalusian hen, wasn't doing well. She was keeping her head low and didn't want to eat or drink. The weather around here has been insane lately- in two weeks it went from 60s, to 30s, to over a foot of snow, to below zero days on end, then back up to 40s and raining. I know Andalusians can be sensitive to the weather so I think that's what happened. She was also much smaller than the others. None the less, I am heart broken. She took her last breaths in my arms this morning around 9. RIP little girl....

March 2012- December 2012

[​IMG]

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure it must be hard for you to lose a good pet like her. [​IMG]

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry about NavyBean. She was a pretty girl. Many of us on the forum know how sad it is to loose a chicken.

It sounds like she knew she was loved.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    So very sorry.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I am sorry for your loss. What a pretty girl she was.

6. Anna-MN

Anna-MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it. She was a sweet girl. I hope I gave her everything she ever needed or wanted in her short life....I know I sure tried to do so.

7. I am so Sorry! R.I.P Navy bean. I am so sorry I know how it feel's to lose A chicken I have lost a Bunch[​IMG][​IMG]

8. little farmer

little farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aaww!! I'm so sorry!! She looked like she was a pretty girl!! RIP NavyBean. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by