Rip Penny

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chickenrandomness, Oct 22, 2010.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] my dads friend asked if we could watch his britney spanel a while ago, my dad said yes, & she came last night. today my dad wanted to me to put the chicks out in the crate outside, i din't want to but i did anu way to aviod an arguement. so i came in to play on the computer. about an hour later my brother comes in & says i'm 1 chicken less, i ask which one, but he dosn't know, i go outside to see a mess of Penny's feathers everywhere... i don't know how Brita got ahold of penny, but shes gone!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] now i'm stuck with 2 cockerels & 1 pullet! [​IMG] i don't even have a resent picture of penny...

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm sooo sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG] Trust me when I say that I know how it feels, because of the death of my Bantam Cochin hen, Pumpkin. [​IMG] It's so sad when you get attached to them and something like that happens...But all you can do is be glad that you gave her a great life and you were probably a very caring owner to her, and take care of the ones you have left. [​IMG] R.I.P Penny [​IMG]

3. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I'm so sorry you lost Penny. It's always the most special ones that get taken, somehow.

4. heres a picture i took a month or so ago: [​IMG]

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry for poor penny, you must be so sad. [​IMG]

6. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Poor Penny, and poor you.

7. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    It is heartbreaking to think what Penny went through...[​IMG]
    These dog horror stories never seem to let up. [​IMG]
    I know you must have great angst about whoever let the dog be near the birds, the ultimate no no except when a dog is superbly trained to care for its family's feathered friends. Never ever otherwise.
    JJ

8. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

[​IMG] RIP Penny [​IMG] [​IMG] recently i've had over half of my chickens dye due to a hungry fox [​IMG] so i know how it feels [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm so sorry [​IMG]

10. adbayer

adbayer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2010
    im so sorry!![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by