Rip Poofy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by stumble_n_mumble, Dec 30, 2009.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    my wonderful poofy a 5 month old hen was dead this morning... i have a kiddie pool in the coop for the ducks and she must have fallen in and drowned. it was not deep maybe 2 or 3 inches. i don't understand how this could have happened. i am just heart broken. Now she was buddy's with our japanese hen and now she is running around trying to find her i feel terrible. i put all the blame on myself. they had a small metal water dish which i unplugged because i put a floating de icer in the pond to keep it un frozen. so they only have water in the pond. and now look what happened. it is all my fault. i still can't believe what happened. poor poofy.

[​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

So sorry for your loss. Try not to blame yourself. We've all made mistakes. We just have to learn from them, so we become better chicken guardians for those left behind.

[​IMG]

3. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    That is terrible! I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

I've heard warnings about chicks drowning in their waterers, but not grown chickens. How could you possibly have known? It was an accident.

4. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i know. i can't help but blame myself. she was so beautiful. there has to be more to the story i just will never know. The kiddie pool was sunken up to the rim so it was so easy for her to just dunk her little beak in. i am still in awe. i don't get it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by