RIP Rosemary...She's Gone

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Nov 18, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Rosemary passed just before midnight last night. She's my fourth hen to die from internal laying. Rosemary was a terrible example of a RIR, even for a hatchery bird: she was small, she never had any middle toenails, and she laid a small cream colored egg, a rebel through and through. She was the bottom of the pecking order of my original 8 then when Lexie and Ivy joined the flock a couple months later, she had her very own victims to torture. Ironically, Ivy, who is also laying internally, stood guard over Rosemary for two days. She gave the younger roosters a run for their money, turning on them with claws flying if they dared to get too close to her. Rosemary was a blueberry fiend! She would fly up on your arm or shoulder if you walked close to those bushes-you could see it in her face, if you were even looking at her. Sometimes you weren't and she'd come up anyway. She wanted a lift to the scrumptious blue treats. So, RIP our silly Rosemary. You were a special girl.
    See her story in this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=105308

[​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am so very sorry, Cyn. [​IMG]

3. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    So Sorry for your loss, seems like she was a special girl who you will remember fondly.

Jena

4. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Sorry, Cyn. [​IMG]

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Sooo sorry, my childhood pet was a little RIR hen.

7. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] She was beautiful, rebel or not. RIP sweet Rosemary.

8. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Ohh no im very sorry [​IMG]

I lost one of my oldest girls this morning. She flew into our dog yard [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sorry for your loss, too. [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Cynthia, we're so sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by