RIP Snowflake

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shellybean40, Jun 26, 2010.

1. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    [​IMG] My little Snowflake died this afternoon. She was only 6 weeks old, but since she hatched, she has been my special needs chick. She was slower and struggled with her breathing, especially in the afternoons. I treated her with several antibiotics, gave her vitamins, etc. Every once in a while, I would think she was improving, only to find her struggling again. Today she died in my arms. I cried like a little girl! Bless her heart.

2. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I'm so sorry [​IMG] Sounds like you really tried. What breed was she,,,did you take any pics?

3. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Im Sorry [​IMG]

4. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    She came from my friend's eggs. She was a pure white mixed breed chick. I did not take pictures, I do not have a camera of my own. I wish I had one now. I will get my husband to take more pictures of everybody with his work camera. She was a sweetie!

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    This story made me wanna cry. I am so sorry you lost your chick. [​IMG]

7. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    I'm so sorry about your loss. I had my Light Brahma "bo" disappear Thursday while free ranging. It must have been a rat. I cried like a little girl too.

8. mlove

mlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    tx
    I'm so sorry.[​IMG]

9. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I am so sorry to hear about your Snowflake. It sounds like you did your best on her and tried very hard to save her. Special needs chicks always end up catching my heart. I had one extremely runty one and one disabled one from my last hatch. I got attached to both and lost both... It can be so sad to lose them. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs, and just remember you gave her a happy life for as long as you possibly could. [​IMG]

10. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear you lost Snowflake, it is always so hard to lose a chick. Last week I lost my special needs chick Oh Henry so I feel your pain and hurt. Remember the good times with her. She is over the Rainbow Bridge now and she is happy and healthy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by