RIP sweet Flutter, we'll miss you :( ...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by willkatdawson, Jun 29, 2011.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    [​IMG]

Sweet Flutter was from our original flock from 4 years ago. She hadn't layed an egg in quite some time, and I knew she was going down hill. She went through a period of time that she layed paper-bag eggs, then eggs with no shells. I said as long as she was eating, drinking and looked happy I would do what ever I could to keep her comfortable.
    The last 3 nights she slept in the nest-box and this morning she was staggering. I knew it was time to put her down. I called my large animal vet to come by and help me. I gave her a warm bath because she was leaking from her vent and wrapped her in towels. She spent the morning in my lap and we all cried. The vet was wonderful and so caring. He said he spent 45 minutes studying before he came over so he would know just what to do.
    Rest in peace sweet little Flutter, you have been loved and will be missed more than you will ever know.

2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    She was beautiful- I'm sorry [​IMG]

3. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Aww, she was beautiful. So sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

4. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] She was just gorgeous. I'm glad she brought you so many years of happiness.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] My condolences. Been there way too many times myself, last time with my oldest BR, Lexie, I'm sure you remember.

6. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Thank you all for your kind words. It helps to know there are others out there like me who love chickens. And yes Cynthia I do remember when you lost your Lexie. Those great barred rock girls have a way of working themselves into our hearts don't they.

7. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    I am so sorry for your loss.

8. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    Aww sorry about your hen, just got new BRs, and they sure have something about them ...

9. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Sweet dreams to your lil barred rock. [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am so sorry. I have only ever met Cynthia's BRs...what loves they are. I am sure your girl is hanging out with Hawkeye, Ivy and Lexie. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by