1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RIP Tweety

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    While I was out of town, my husband was caring for our chickens. He found my BO, Tweety, dead under the coop. It appears she had a broken neck. We figure she got scared by something and flew up into the floor of the coop. My husband thinks it was our dog, but they are used to my dog, so I think it was something else. [​IMG]

She was a sweet, easy natured 10 month old Orpington. I thought it was funny that she had the flop over comb.

At least she didn't suffer. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] So sorry you lost your friend.

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG]

4. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Oh no!! so sad... rip sweet girl [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jeannieo

jeannieo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Collinsville, CT
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my BO hen Trixie about a month ago and never even knew why for sure. all I know is she was lethargic and not eating and not pooping, I took her to the vet and she thought worms but without poop it was hard to tell. She was quite underweight too so the vet gave me worm medicine, antibitotics, and showed me how to tube feed. I was supposed to tube feed for TEN days. the first day went ok, but the second day she really fought it and I think I scraped her esophagus because a few hours later she started spitting up blood and was dead in the morning. I think I killed her, I feel so bad and so guilty and I loved her so much. She was so sweet and friendly and would jump up in my lap. she was only about eight months old. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] I'm sorry, she was a beautiful bird.

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Oh, I'm so sorry

8. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Kelly! I'm so sorry you lost your Tweety. I too lost my best BO back near the end of October. I still miss my Gimpy Girl. There's something about these BO's. Not to say that other breeds aren't equally as sweet, but for me, BO reign supreme in the affectionate category. I hope you can find another BO soon to fill the void. [​IMG]

9. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Tweety was a very pretty girl. I'm so sorry you lost her, but glad she didn't go through a prolonged or painful passing. Any clues as to what might have frightened her?

10. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by