RIP Twilight

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Renee572, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Renee572

Renee572 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Sad, sad day. Yesterday I suspected my Barred Rock twilight had sour crop. I separated her and began to do the things people suggested on BYC. This morning her crop was not as swollen but she had only pooped once the whole night. She seemed fine when I checked on her at noon, she had water and I even put a frozen water bottle in with her as it is still hot here in AZ. Went to check on her before 3 pm and she had passed! :( I'm so sad. Here she is yesterday! [​IMG] RIP Twilight 3/27/14-9/03/14! I've never lost an animal before so this is hard!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  2. chikkenfriend

chikkenfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    It is hard. They become like family. Our hearts go out to you. May Twilight rest in peace

3. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

[​IMG]I am very sorry. Have her rest in peace.

4. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    I am so very sorry for your loss.

Some people don't understand that we can be just as attached to our chickens as to any other animal.

I have always preferred the company of animals/birds myself, they give you so very much and expect so little in return.

They are a delight to have around, as I'm sure your dear Twilight was.

I am glad she is no longer suffering, but I very much feel for you in your loss.

My best wishes to you,

- Krista

5. chikens4life

chikens4life New Egg

Sep 2, 2014
    Queen creek
    This was my chicken at her house. I'm her neighbor. This is even harder for me she was my little chicken from since she was a chick. R.I.P twilight forever and always[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Renee572

Renee572 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Thanks everyone, we are sad. She was an awesome girl and she will be missed. She was chikens4life's chicken and she lived at my house.

7. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

I am always sad when I lose a chicken. I understand your pain.. Twilight sounds like she had a good life.

8. chikens4life

chikens4life New Egg

Sep 2, 2014
    Queen creek
    Thank you for the support I nearly lost this little girl a couple months ago and she recovered from a bad wound to the leg. I was hoping the same for twilight but I got no such luck thank you for all the thoughts during this hard time [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by