RIP Ugly Betty :(

aww she looks like a really cute chicken!
hit.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about that. We will be thinking of you and betty
hugs.gif

I NEVER liked the Mexican desert rat dogs....As for loss, ya, we got early chix this year and raised them underfoot between the coffee table and TV in my living room. When the weather got warmer with spring we set our 10 girls out in a fenced pen. These Buff Brahmas were so laid back, and got along with the next batch of Buff Orps. Soon we had 22 birds in the moving pen, and then 21, 20, 19, ..... Gah! every 3 nites or so, we lost another Brahma. Before the tractor coop was done. So, now there are 5 girls left. All very healthy and clingy to each other. Like a city Gang they all hang together in one group away from most everyone else.

I am now battling Raccon who raid the deck for cat kibble almost nightly. I will have revenge on them, but it really is natures way.

Thanks everyone!

I am the only one out of all my friends that have pet chickens and I told them all my story. So today they tell me Im getting chickens for my bday gift. And I know my friends arnt going to but them. So i ask, how are you getting the chickens?
My yard of course, she replys
Ohh jeez, make sure you dont steal them from a mama and make sure theyre not old and gonna beat up my chickens.
Ohh be happy were gonna chase after them
ughhh

Haha, I guess thats what friends are for...

Back
Top Bottom