RIP Zoe :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Nov 14, 2008.

1. We came home yesterday to find one of our 8 month old light brahma girls dead in the coop. Her neck was at an odd angle...looks like she broke her neck somehow [​IMG]

Her name was Zoe and she was one of our first 12 hens. She was such a sweetie...very friendly. Here are pics of her...such a big, pretty girl. Laid an egg almost every single day.

This picture was when she was about 4-5 months old. Of course, she was my daughter's favorite. Isn't that always the way??
    [​IMG][/img]

This photo was taken last month and she was about 8 months old:
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Oh I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

3. NC chicken man

NC chicken man Songster

Dec 3, 2007
    Mt. Pleasant,NC
    :aww sorry to hear this and yes most of the time something does happen to our favorite ones.

4. sred98

sred98 Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I am so sorry! She was beautiful! I had an OEGB that looked just like her. Tell your DD I am sorry, too. :aww

Shelly

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, crud! I'm so sorry about your Zoe. I have a Zoe, too, but she's a Barred Rock. She was a beauty.

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] You are so right about the favorites always being the ones that seem to go. Give your daughter hugs for me and here's some for you too. [​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

8. danamillette

danamillette Songster

Jul 16, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    awww. RIP Zoe.

9. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    I'm sooo sorry:hugs

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, my...I am SO sorry for your loss. You're right; it's always the best ones, it seems. You hang in there...you've got others that need your care!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by