RIP

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mikeythepotatoe, Apr 7, 2017.

1. mikeythepotatoe

mikeythepotatoe Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2017
    My male pekin duck just passed away[​IMG] I think it's because he suffocated on dirt because his nostrils and beak were filled with dirt. I just wanted to ask if my female is going to be ok byherself or if I need to buy another male her age. I don't want her to die because of being lonely. Thanks so much.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. PraiseGod

PraiseGod Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Heart in Jerusalem
    I don't know about ducks but just wanted to say sorry for the loss.

3. twigcrafter

twigcrafter Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2016
    Orange county NY
    [​IMG]sorry for your loss.

4. ECarter1217

ECarter1217 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2017
    meridian ms
    sorry for you loss [​IMG]

5. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    Ducks are very social. I'm not sure if she could die because of this, but you will probably want to find her a friend.
    I'm so sorry this had to happen

6. Batduck46

Batduck46 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2017
    With my family
    ×2

It doesnt have to be male, but she needs a friend. I am so sorry that you are going through this :hit :hugs :hugs :hugs :fl

7. flossyfelix

flossyfelix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2016
    Lumberton, North Carolina
    I had my female Pekin by herself for awhile, after the male I got with her dies a couple of days after they were given to me. She was already 6ish months old... & I didn't really know what to do. I spent a lot of time with her...& I mean a lot, but when I got Felix who was also fully grown, after about 9 months of her being alone, I could instantly tell a difference in her! She was happier! So because they are pair animals.. she definitely needs a friend! It doesn't even have to be a Drake. You can get ducklings at almost any local feed store right now! Especially TSC. Go get her a friend! I am so sorry for you loss! I have a pair of Pekins that are my babies! I can't imagine! Good luck with your girl & her new friend(s)! Xo[​IMG]

8. mikeythepotatoe

Mar 10, 2017
    Thanks everyone so much for your concern[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

10. mikeythepotatoe

Mar 10, 2017
    I also wanted to know if I were to get her some company male or female if it has to be her breed or if I could get her a different breed of duck. Thanks everyone. P.S. she's doing just fine by herself so far, I stayed outside with her like an hour this morning and she was ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by