RIR and BR Chicks 5 weeks MALE or FEMALE?

ecogirl2206

Songster
Feb 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about picking up some chicks and am only allowed hens. Someone has a group of mixed chicks and I'm trying to only pick out the girls. Most are pretty clear which are females and which are males. But these two I'm not sure. I'm thinking the RIR is female and the BR male, anyone with more experience then me have thoughts on this?

Anything for me to look for in person (they'll be 6 weeks old by the time i pick them up) because I can make a decision when I'm there in person.

Thanks!

I just saw your ad was updated :( Oh well, holey smokes chickens go fast around here !!! The problem I'm having is I'd like to buy from an individual, not a hatchery, but most individuals/breeders have straight run chicks and I don't want to sell off roos to be killed, and I know its really hard to rehome them....

back to the drawing board!

I still have the RIR and the 2 Australorps. Many people have told me the RIR and one of the Australorps is pullets. I posted pics above of them, if your still interested!

I bought them as eggs from a hatchery, and hatched them. I'm a egg hatching addict!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom