RIR Bantam hen - critique please

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by doubleatraining, Oct 25, 2011.

1. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    I went to the NC State Fair this past week and of course I went through the chicken tent. I was disappointed in how some of them looked beaten up and rough.

When I saw the Bantam RIRs I embarrassingly thought "My pullet looks SOOOO much better than them" LOL So I snapped a few pictures of her today for your critique. She is hard to photograph because she is so friendly and is constantly looking for attention. If you deem her decent and want better pictures I'll see if I can catch her and take better pictures.

She is about 6 months old:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I was at the NC State Fair too last week!!! What day did you go??

I saw so many chickens for sale I would have snatched up but I rode on the Amtrak train there sooo I dont think the train people would want me to bring on a cage of chickens! [​IMG]

Also your RIR girl is really pretty! I have a LF RIR and I love her! [​IMG]

3. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    I went opening day and last Thursday.

There are a lot of chickens I would have loved to take home but there were a bunch that I wouldn't have wanted to admit to owning.....but I don't know much about showing chickens so I might be way off. LOL

Thanks, she is a real sweetie. I wish I had the space...I would breed pure bantam RIRs.

4. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I think your hen looks nice, but I don't know a lot about what makes a RIR up to standard. However, I have a RIR bantam rooster who I think would love to meet your girl. He doesn't have any RIR ladies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by