RIR chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by highpointfarm, Mar 1, 2012.

1. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    Hey guys here are my RIR chicks 15 in all =] hoping to get several golden laced wyandottes later this spring[​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    How old are they? Did you get all pullets or a mix?

4. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congrats. I will always have a few RIR in my flock. I currently have 3. I don't know yet if I will get any more this year or not.

I also like your other choice, GLW. I like all Wyandottes except BLRW. The one I had (and gave away) was frequently broody. I don't want broody, I want egg layers. The Wyandottes I currently have are 2 GLW, 1 SLW, and 2 Columbian. This year I am going to get 2 more SLW and at least 1 more GLW. I would like a couple of more Columbians but I have not found anyone around me yet that is planning to have them this year. One of the feed stores very near me has a batch of assorted pullet Wyandottes coming in the day I would like to get my chicks. I definitely will be checking out what comes in that day. They said there will be many not normally available at local feed stores (but no Columbians). There will be some Buff, Blue, and Black. I would like a blue. I am hoping they also get some partridge and penciled.

5. highpointfarm

highpointfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    Orange County NY
    I REALLY want GLW's but i cant seem to be able to find only 3 of them =/ hoping to get a few more SS from my SS.... hoping she goes broody....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by