RIR??? & Delaware? Help please!

caseyleah

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
Hi all, I've posted pics of these 2 a few weeks back but they've grown SO much since then and I would love y'alls input on what breeds these are! I'm more than certain "Red" is a female and I'm 100% that "Rex" is a roo!!! But what breed are they?

Here is both of them together:

59589_032.jpg

Here is Red:

59589_037.jpg

Here is Rex:

59589_038.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!!!
frow.gif

I'd say New Hampshire Red pullet and Delaware cockerel. But it could be Rhode Island instead of New Hampshire; I'm not 100% accurate at telling one Red from another.

Yeah the pictures don't show it very well, but the rooster has pink legs, they are HUGE!
lol.png

Quote:
Can you get a good pix of the cockerel's tail? He is not carrying the Columbian pattern like he should if he is Light Sussex. A Delaware will have a tail that is barred, a light sussex or other Columbian patterned bird will have solid black tail feathers (or should)

Yard full o' rocks :

Quote:
Can you get a good pix of the cockerel's tail? He is not carrying the Columbian pattern like he should if he is Light Sussex. A Delaware will have a tail that is barred, a light sussex or other Columbian patterned bird will have solid black tail feathers (or should)

The roo doesn't really have a tail, its JUST coming in so its the little whispy feathers. The girl is just now getting her tail too. We bought them from someone in town that had a lot of chickens and they didn't look like they were taking very good care of them. They were about 4 weeks when we bought them and they were even missing a lot of feathers on their wings! They are both still skittish around me even though I'm out there everyday taking care of them. My 3 leghorn girls are 9 weeks and they love jumping onto my lap and shoulders.​

Back
Top Bottom