RIR eggs for sale TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Promiselandfarm, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Our RIRs are still laying pretty good and we have cut back on incubation for ourselves for a little bit. So I have eggs up for sale. Let me know if you are interested. $20 gets you a bakers dozen shipped to you [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. Promiselandfarm

3. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    Are these production RIR's?

4. Promiselandfarm

My son showed them for 4-H and won so I would say they are more than just production RIRs. He did so well a breeder gave him a tested hen to go with his bunch. She was blood tested, banded and numbered. We are showing some of them in the State fair under the 4-H if all goes well(have papers signed and ready to go just need questions answered) the guy listed for contact number is no longer working.

5. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    I have been looking for some I guess they called true RIR's not the so called production RIR's like the hatcherys...I got some from them and do not like them at all....I remember having some when I was small and they different than the ones I got from the hatchery...I want the true very big dark sweet RIR's ......that is why I was asking....and yours sounds like what I have searching for.....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  6. Promiselandfarm

Sent off paper work today for them to be in the state fair under the 4-h Kids love showing off their animals. Ours are gentle and lay good but are pretty. I have chicks right now that are about a week+ old . Keeping only the darkest best looking pullets for replacement hens. I think I posted some pictures on the trade egg post.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  7. pepper1

pepper1 New Egg

Jul 17, 2008
    Hi, we have several hens - no roosters - and oftentimes one or two gets broody - would that be a good time to put incubated eggs under her? Or is that not a good idea?

Wondering how to help out my broody girls.

Maryellen in Southcentral PA

8. Promiselandfarm

I have not been lucky enough to have broody girls, so I can not answer your question about yours. We put ours in the incubator which holds about 360 chicken eggs. I have one OEG that thinks she wants to sit on a nest but if any other hen bothers her she leaves. My daughter got some silkies from a friend who said they go broody on her about every two months so I hope the do the same for my daughter. I can send you eggs if you want you just need to let me know when and if you want them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by