RIR or sex link, or what? Photos attached I hope!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hensonly, May 21, 2008.

1. hensonly

hensonly Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    upstate NY
    Hi,

This is my first attempt at attaching pix...hope it works, as I need help IDing my chicks.

They were sold as RIR pullets, from the local feed store. I've seen photos of RIRs that don't look too much like mine. ONe chick in particular is very different. Someone on the forum suggested sex-links, based on my verbal description. I checked on featherwise, and the sex-link photos do look more like what I have... but the one chick still puzzles me.

If I can get my photos on here from photobucket, please, can anyone suggest what they are? The photos are ages up to two weeks. I haven't put many pix on Photobucket as my dialup connection takes almost 20 min per photo!!!!

Anyway, here are the pix - I hope!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I think sex links are what you have. The one with the dark in its wings, you should notice that its down is a bit darker than the rest of them. This is probably going to be a production red if I had my guesses. Hope this helps!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I"m not sure of the breeds BUT I just had to comment on how adorable that last picture of them all around your hand is! I hope mine do that when I get them!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    The first chick looks just like my RIR's did! If I can ever get onto my Photo Bucket account, then I will attach a picture for you to compare. My avatar is also a pic of one of my RIR's. The other chicks look just like my Golden Comets. I am 100% positive that you have 1 RIR and the other are all Golden Comets. I hope this helps. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. Flycropper

Flycropper Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Darker wing looks like my RIRs. The lighter wings look like my sexlinks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by