RIR or sex link, or what? Photos attached I hope!

hensonly

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
upstate NY
Hi,

This is my first attempt at attaching pix...hope it works, as I need help IDing my chicks.

They were sold as RIR pullets, from the local feed store. I've seen photos of RIRs that don't look too much like mine. ONe chick in particular is very different. Someone on the forum suggested sex-links, based on my verbal description. I checked on featherwise, and the sex-link photos do look more like what I have... but the one chick still puzzles me.

If I can get my photos on here from photobucket, please, can anyone suggest what they are? The photos are ages up to two weeks. I haven't put many pix on Photobucket as my dialup connection takes almost 20 min per photo!!!!

Anyway, here are the pix - I hope!

prettypeep.jpg

IMG_0234morgbabywings.jpg

theflock.jpg

I think sex links are what you have. The one with the dark in its wings, you should notice that its down is a bit darker than the rest of them. This is probably going to be a production red if I had my guesses. Hope this helps!

The first chick looks just like my RIR's did! If I can ever get onto my Photo Bucket account, then I will attach a picture for you to compare. My avatar is also a pic of one of my RIR's. The other chicks look just like my Golden Comets. I am 100% positive that you have 1 RIR and the other are all Golden Comets. I hope this helps.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom