RIr owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sassygal63, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Sassygal63

Sassygal63 New Egg

Sep 21, 2015
    Norristown PA
    Just wanted to say hello I am a newbie here but I have had a lot of guesting answer by this sight it is a wonderful sight for us new chicken owners so I wanted to say hi

2. lmathison41

lmathison41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Dallas, GA
    Hi [​IMG] I'm somewhat of a newbie to. I have 4 RIR and 2 silkies. I have learned a lot on this site!!!!

3. :welcome

I'm glad you joined the community! I also have RIRs, they're great birds. Don't be afraid to ask us if you have any questions. Good luck with your chicken adventure! :cd

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
  5. Sassygal63

Sassygal63 New Egg

Sep 21, 2015
    Norristown PA
    Yea this sight is super I had 4 RIr but gave them to my coz then I missed them so much so she got me three RIr and 2 white leg horns chick's I am now raising they are so friendly never thought ppl could love chickens but they are really neat pets and I just had to get more now just trying g to figure out my rottie and them that's why I parted with my first bunch

6. drdon50

drdon50 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2015
    I just joined as well. Have a new incubator to be delivered in November. Have been a hobbyist for a long time.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us! I have 1 RIR in my mixed flock and she's a wonderful girl. Glad you are enjoying your flock!

8. Sassygal63

Sassygal63 New Egg

Sep 21, 2015
    Norristown PA
    Ty all I will have tons of questions like my first one is my baby's are 2 wks old so I show keep them inside for the winter so they don't get cold start putting them out in the spring I don't want them to get cold I am gonna be the worse chicken mommy I am gonna worry to much everyone laughs at me and say they just chickens but they are so much more they my babies they like a dog they just poop more they follow me around come when I call and my hutch is on the ground should I raise it

9. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by