rir photos please

henryhoe

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
I would like to see pics of rir's ready to lay or that have just started to lay and what age they are to compare with mine please!!

I have a RIR that has been laying for about 3 weeks now. She started 20 weeks and 1 day. She has laid EVERYDAY since then! My same age silver lace wyandotte and production red didn't start laying until last week at 22 1/2 weeks! Plus the SLW has been a better layer thus far, 3 eggs. I have only had one egg from my Production Red, slacker!

Here's my RIR. I took these just last week.

84222_chickens_048.jpg

And my Production Red.

84222_chickens_007_-_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my RIR. Bought her from TSC during chick days.
These were taken today, and she is 26 weeks old.
She's been laying since she was about 22 weeks.
Hope this helps you with your comparisons.

RIR005-1.jpg

RIR007-1.jpg

RIR008-1.jpg

RIR011-1.jpg

RIR014-1.jpg

barnie.gif
Boy do I have a LONG way to go, mine still have tiny combs:( Got them at a feed store and they said around Oct. Back to waiting!
103921_p1010016.jpg

I was told mine were Production Reds too! Just got 4 more 3 week old RIR too!

103921_p1010026.jpg

I could be way off but that looks like a rose comb. I'm sure someone will know for sure. She might not get a huge comb my girls had pretty serious combs by that age.

I assume my girls are production reds, though they sell them as RIR. My 2 with large red combs just started laying this past weekend. Going by ship date to the feed store I am guessing they turned 20 weeks just this past weekend.

This is "Big Red" 20 weeks started laying Friday:
bigred.jpg

Here is "Little Red" in the back (with the red comb) who started laying Sunday. In the front is Io, who is not laying. I think she has a little time yet.
littlered.jpg

Back
Top Bottom