RIR ROO x Ameraucana or EE hens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sanchoman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. sanchoman

sanchoman Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2009
    Orlando, fl
    I have a beautiful RIR Roo and a couple of ameraucana's & EE hens.

What would the offspring be if I were to hatch a few eggs?

I also have barred rocks so I understand they'd be BSL's, right?

What would the RIR x EE produce?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    They'd produce mutts. [​IMG]

Honestly if you want an answer - What color are your Easter Eggers? They come in a variety, so telling or giving a photo could help me let you know what your outcomes may be.

3. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Not sure what you would get but why not give it a try. It takes 3 weeks to hatch eggs. In a short amount of time you would know what your going to get and you would have some fuzzy butts running around.

Even in my pens I have set up for specific colors I will get surprises. That is half the fun. That egg will start to crack and my face is pressed to the glass wondering whats it gonna be.

Lanae

4. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    They will look like production reds with muffs. This cross make outstanding EEs and they were even part of the poultry breeding program at UNH. I had a hen when I was a kid and she lived to be 18! The best hen I ever had.

5. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    They would more than likely be red with muffs. Your RIR roo X your BR hens will give you BSL. Good luck with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by