RIR rose-comb Heritage Rooster- AVL, NC

gardenmuse

In the Brooder
6 Years

Gordy (Gordo) is a docile, gentle giant of a Rhode Island Red Rose Comb Rooster. We've switched breeds, going with smaller hens who can fly after losing all of Gordy's flock over the past few months to a still mysterious predator. They've been free ranging and closed up at night. He's used to the wide open spaces, but can adjust I'm sure. He's almost a pet, eats from my hand and I can pet him for an instant when our paths cross. Need a new home asap- he's in a cage now and I feel really bad about it! Looking to re-settle him today!! (4-28) THANKS!! 912-398-7852 Kelly

Last edited:
Brand new. The coop is built. Haven't gotten any chickens yet. My kids have talked me into this venture so I don't want to spend much starting out. We just want the entertainment of having chickens and fresh eggs. This is a fun addition to our potbelly pig we brought home from Circle G Ranch.

Well, you couldn't do with a better Roo than Gordy with kids around. He's so docile and tame. I've had roosters chase my kids with ill intent in the past- they can be boogers!! Just make sure you get full sized hens for his flock- he's really big. hope you saw the photo i posted a couple days ago.
let me know it and when you'd like to pick him up, the sooner the better :)
cheers,
Kelly

Back
Top Bottom